Friday 18 December 2015

Macaulay Culkin should star in my new TV project, Anxiety – Britain's new real-life soap! Star cast includes Spiderman, The Wet Bandits as they raid the Den and Angie's Queen Vic and save the world from the sprouts of doom....EPIC!

From writing my book Lauren this week, I have found myself thinking about the state of British soaps. This really is a random rambling. I have decided when I have finished writing my first book, I am going to begin by creating my new soap ‘Anxiety – Britain's new real-life soap!'. Right scouts honor now, I solemnly promise not to become over dramatic to the extremes of Phil Mitchell on crack, the pope turning Jewish or a Tram crash/pub fire. Well I may take back the pub fire. It’s Christmas time, and what do you think when you think of television over the Christmas period? You think about what dramatic soap storylines are we going to be treated to this Christmas, Exploding Christmas puddings, sprouts of doom killing most of the cast..... Still one of the top most dramatic Christmas story lines and unforgettable EastEnders moments has got to be Christmas 1986, the year we were treated to Den's delightful xmas present to his wife Angie “this my sweet is a letter from my solicitor, telling you your husband is filing a petition for divorce.... Happy Christmas Ange” 30.2 million people tuned in that Christmas to watch the decimation of Den and Angie Watts’ marriage. This particular episode to become a cult classic in Britain and a firm favourite with the majority of EastEnders fans. 

From soaps to xmas films comes another cult classic, Home Alone, a kick back to the 90s. My era will remember the immortal words “Merry Christmas you filthy animal” as Macaulay Culkin protects his house from the wet bandits, as Macaulay himself calls Harry of the wet bandits  “the bald psycho” in this latest video “just me in the house by myself”. Macaulay has vastly improved in my estimation of him as an actor because to be fair, he’s gone from a cute little boy to looking like a young, blonde Steve Buscemi or even, just a random blonde hobo. As an aspiring actor myself it’s a shame to see such a fantastic talent fall so far from grace and so dramatically. It also makes me realise how lucky I am to have a family who wouldn’t pillage me of my own hard earned cash if I was a child film star. You do however have to quote Spiderman which is obscenely random even for this rant “with great power comes great responsibility” with all his money safely heading towards him and two failed marriages apparently it seems he turned to drugs. This almost seems a relevant point as you will see in the short film and his performance in “just me in the house by myself” where we are treated to an almost psychedelic feel in a film about an adult Kevin McAllister. Adult Kevin ends up torturing a guy who hijacks his car or should I say his wife’s Honda. Bizarrely enough I actually really enjoyed watching this, from the little 'in' jokes about what happened in the first two films, to his ring tone (which is a massive song from the home alone film) that turns sour as he reveals his mother is calling him. I shan’t spoil this short film for you, this is a must watch for any Macaulay Culkin fans, home alone, 90s film fans or even people who were around in the early 90s to remember this film. What really resonates with me is the real-life aspect of what been left home alone twice and been stalked by two criminals albeit stupid criminals would do to you especially your mentality. Who wouldn’t be severely scarred if their parents managed to forget you and go on two holidays especially after forgetting him the first time? Follow the link to watch the video and treat yourself to a 90s flashback. 

To all my wonderful readers who have been reading my random ramblings (let’s face it they really are random.) I thank you from the bottom of my heart, also thank you for continuing to support me in the writing of my first book “Lauren”. I sincerely solemnly promise to provide you with more randomness over the Christmas period and regular updates on the book #followthatstar #LaurenbyJamesCEllis


Merry Christmas you filthy animals and good night out there, whatever you are.

James Churchill Ellis






No comments:

Post a Comment